Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

2 March 2014
The Sunday Post


This is is Meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer and here are the rules.

It is your chance to re-cap your bookish week, what did your review last week, any new purchases, what will be coming up in your blog next week or generally anything you feel you would like to share with the blogging community.




So, What did I do last week?

This week didn't go as planned for me at all on my blog. Best laid plans….

I like the Sunday Post - not only because it gives me the chance to look back on mine and everyone else's blogging week, but also because I can plan ahead what I want to publish on the blog the following week. Usually I would give priority on books I received specifically for reviewing from the author or publisher (if I finished them that is….)and than maybe also plan reviews for books which I read a while ago and will now revisit them. I also try to write one non-fiction review and maybe a discussion on bookish topics. 
Well, this week my good plans just fell flat. Monday and Tuesday were fine, but on Wednesday I went out for a drink with work colleagues which was sort of semi-planned. What I didn't plan was that I didn't get home until 1am, and than getting up at 5am for the next day's work is not a good idea. So, Thursday after work I went straight to bed. I think I'm getting to old for this 'going-out' during a school night!

But next week I'm off work for one week yippee, gosh I'm so happy. I needed that! Got some things planned here in the house such as getting the garden sorted out from the winter. Also need to find a new gym/fitness studio as my old one is closing down and I don't really want to give up on exercising. I'm not good at it at all, but I can tell it does my body good. But, importantly, I also hope to do lots of work on the blog. Maybe want to create a button for my blog, and I definitely need one of those 'Find me on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads etc' widgets. A few other issues I need to sort out i.e. why I still can't see my Google+ followers on the blog despite taking the privacy off. Luckily, lots of info available on the net and always very helpful fellow bloggers :)

One thing I am very proud of this week is that my 15 year old daughter Ruby did a guest review on my blog.



My Blog last week:


Added to my stash this week: 

Received for review

  • Dr Craine's body by Khalid Patel (a short story, I have reviewed for this author before)


  • Watchers of the Night by Matthew Keith


Freebie download

  • Spanish Journals: The Posthumous of an Expat by A R Lowe




What I'm planning next week: 

  • non fiction review: The 2-Day Diet Book (a review of the book and not of the diet as such)


  • review: Loving Heather by Alex Carlisle (bought and asked by the author for a review)


  • review: The Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver (bought and read some time ago)


  • review: The Girl who loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King (continuing my Stephen King reviews)


  • First Chapter and First Paragraph Tuesday and Teaser Tuesday: How to know a Bravebird from her perch by D Bryant Simmons (received by the author in return for an honest review and read as part of Black History Month)

  • A Discussion on Books to Movies

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!